Governor Schwarzenegger Appoints
In recognition of his advancements in GPS Fleet Tracking and Mobile Data Communications Technology, Gov. Schwarzenegger appoints Aaron Hamilton to EMSA
In his final hours Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Aaron Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer for GPS Logic, a leading wireless data communications and GPS based fleet management solutions company to the California Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA).
EMSA is charged with a broad range of responsibilities and plays a leading role in ensuring California is prepared to respond to any widespread disaster.
In his role as Chief Technology Officer, Hamilton is the lead developer for GPS Logic and led the breakthrough development of the Logic 5000, a sophisticated mobile communication platform that allows emergency medical, commercial enterprises and fire and law enforcement vehicles to deliver high-speed wireless data transmission. That information is integrated with an Automatic Vehicle Location and GPS mapping systems that allows real time coordination and assignment of mobile assets and emergency responders.
This sophisticated telematics system integrates its GPS architecture and is being adopted nationwide by emergency medical, commercial enterprises and fire and law enforcement vehicles and is what brought Hamilton to the attention of the governor’s senior staff.
The governor’s former Appointments Secretary, Rick Sarmiento, said of the appointment, “Aaron brings a wealth of leading edge technological experience and knowledge to EMSA. The State of California will be well served by this important selection by the Governor.”
More information on EMSA can be found at http://www.emsa.ca.gov/
California Emergency Medical Services Authority
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher Standards and EMS Communications Systems
- Disaster Medical Services Preparedness and Response
- EMS Systems Planning and Development
- Trauma Care Systems Planning and Development
- Emergency Medical Services for Children
- Poison Control System
- Prehospital Emergency Medical Care Personnel Standards
- First Aid and CPR Training Programs for Child Day Care Providers and School Bus Drivers
- Paramedic Licensure and Enforcement
- Prehospital Data, Injury Prevention and Public Education